Friday, August 29, 2008

A Special Present

We have been:

I. riding a bike! Ezra loves it. He moves his arms and legs widely when he sees the banana seat. I strap him on my back and he peers over my shoulder with a big, gummy grin. He fell asleep even! The true test.
I am happy because for the past two weeks he would only stay asleep if my boob was in his mouth. At least this is something physically engaging I can do and he'll snooze.

II. swimming in the neighborhood pool! Very nice, refreshing, relaxing, and Ezra loves it. He kicks and gurgles.

III. thinking about introducing Ezra as Diego just to see what happens! I have been getting some feedback lately that folks are finding him to be more Diego than Ezra... I will conduct this experiment.

IV. reading What is the What by Dave Eggers! Very sad, but good.

V. making mix tapes for our trip to Eugene! My friend has a tape deck so I am taking the opportunity to make some music medleys. I haven't done this in a long time and forgot how long it takes. So much more labor intensive than the old disc burn. In the olden days it seemed the longer it took to do something the better the result was automatically. I don't think this holds true any longer. Still making the mixes.

VI. still folding origami cranes! Making a mobile, putting the final touches on our room.

VII. waiting for a not gorgeous day to take ourselves to a matinee to see Woody Allen's latest film! Everyday, sunshine, I'm never going to get there.

VII. forgetting how the roman numerals go...

IX. like that?

X. going to bed, wishing I could attach a photo for your pleasure but the archives are dry.

Here, I scrounged this one for you.

No comments:

Friends