Thursday, September 4, 2008

Low Key

Here's a photo left from the days of photo taking! The berry picking day, remember? He had grown tired of the huaraches at this point. They are darling, a gift from Karla in Guatemala, but not so ergonomic.

He is changing a lot, everyday. His hair is getting much thicker and he is sitting up so well! We went to a restaurant and he sat in a high chair for the first time. I was just holding him on my lap like I always do and a woman came up to me and asked me if the restaurant didn't have high chairs. I told her I was certain they did have high chairs but that Ezra wasn't ready to sit in one. She eyed him up and down and remarked she thought he was ready. Sure enough, I strapped him in and he is a professional. It looked like he'd been doing it for years. He is also getting much more alert and interactive. I can make him giggle now which is adorable.

We are going to MN for a visit next week and Ma's got a camera so I will be able to post some long overdue pictures, maybe even a video of his darling hardy har har. I am looking forward to the lake and the family. I will try to get some serious writing done with all the baby helpers afoot.

Lately we've been taking it easy some and going out and about some too. On Tuesday I had 5 friends over for a breakfast potluck that was really fun. The 5 were all folks I had taught with down in Honduras so we had a lot to catch up about. Then we biked all over town, to Powell's downtown (the largest most fantastic book store EVER), then over to south east for lunch, then across town again to a park where we played badminton (Nikkie and Koali proved victorious), then to gelato and finally home. We were out on the town for 8 hours! Bunsy held up so well, sleeping while I biked and loving being such a social butterfly. He wore his new Santa suit and got many compliments.

The next few days we have been considerably more low key. Today we just went to the library, to the park, and did the laundry. I hung everything outside which pleases me so. The rains will come so I am just trying to enjoy every last gleam of sunshine. This weekend we don't have too many plans, a bbq on Sunday and a kombucha lesson. We might have a date on Saturday. I don't know what you'll think but I went ahead and posted an ad on Craigslist. I have gotten so many responses! It's fun to just delete these men like, no, I don't like how many times you used the word friggun. So there's like 3 that I am in correspondence with. Don't worry, public places only, during the day, I'll be careful. It's funny too, a lot of them sent their myspace page link which makes the picture oh so clear. If you don't have myspace it's basically a very open window to you, your friends, and your friends friends.

We'll see what happens won't we? I like a date, I think. It's been awhile. I think I'll bring Bunny. He's a good buffer.

No comments:

Friends