Monday, August 11, 2008

Fancy, full weekend

I am so incredibly happy to report we have unpacked! Ezra went ahead and celebrated by eating his feet after a bath. He is wearing his lovely bear towel. It was so nice to wake up this morning to all my things in order, clothes hung up rather than in a pile. The only negative is that Bunsy seems to have grown out of 70% of his clothes in the three weeks they were packed! I brought bigger clothes too so don't worry, he's not wearing his bear towel around town, but I did go through and make a huge bag to pass on to the next little dumpling.

The house is very chill, clean and calm. Also there are many willing baby handlers! There is not however, internet access just yet, so this won't be as long as I'd like. We had a wonderful weekend, Saturday was spent moving and unpacking. The moving part didn't take long as we only moved across the street. The unpacking took longer but luckily my train friend Nikkie came over and coddled the Bunson while I worked to organize it all.

On Sunday we went out to brunch to a place called Salty's. The restaurant is here in Portland, on the Columbia River. On the weekends they have an all you can eat, all you can drink buffet that includes every kind of breakfast food you can imagine. There was an omelet bar where they made you any kind of omelet you wanted, belgium waffles with toppings ranging from blueberries to white chocolate, king crab legs, blackened salmon, benedicts, torts, prime rib, seafood chowder, and, as pictured below, a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN! (It keeps flipping the wrong way, I'm sorry it's like that, I have lost my patience, you're just going to need to turn your head, or laptop.) The jean suit Ezra is sporting is one of the outfits he grew out of, so unfortunate that he only got to wear this once. It's so Elvis mechanic sheik.
I had two plates of food and felt uncomfortable in the car ride home. It was certainly a splurge. I don't want to go back for awhile. We went with Kate, Usiah, Tom, and Laurie and then met up with some other friends randomly there. There were also bottomless mimosas and bloody mary's, which I didn't take advantage of but looking quite... refreshing.

After the morning of gluttony we went back to the homestead and took a long nap. Let the calories settle, right. Then my good friend Lisa came and swooped us away to Sauvie Island, a lovely farm refuge about 20 minutes out of town. We were going berry picking so I dressed bunsy in this adorable outfit. Have you ever seen more perfect berry picking duds? No, you have not.

We picked peaches first. The trees were heavy with perfectly ripe fruit. I ate as I picked and both Ezra and I were sticky with peach juice by the end of it.

Next we went to the blueberry patch that was a bit more sparse. I guess the season's just about through. We found some for our bucket and even more for our mouths. I wanted to make sure it was a good blueberry before I committed to putting it in my bucket but then after the tasting it was gone. A difficult but tasty cycle. Here's a parting shot of Ezra and I posing in the blueberry bushes. I didn't notice at the time but Ezra is actually picking a blueberry in the shot! He knows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lady. We were also on Sauvie Island Sunday hiking around and picking blackberries for Shanti's birthday. We must get together soon. That little berry picking outfit is incredible.

Friends