Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fitness


Another archive shot. This was taken by Molly at Hidden Beach the day we left Minnesota. Joe holds Bunny, I squish his cheekies.
There just must be a picture, mustn't there? Anyway...

Yes, Johnny Cash's daughter. No, not the famous one. Yes, it is a lovely house with a huge backyard complete with jacuzzi, huge white pines and doug fir trees, a creek and chickens. The ladies laid 3 eggs while we were there. It was very amusing to see family photos with Johnny sat in the middle, next to June of course. My favorite picture was one of Johnny in a photo booth, you know the kind with four pictures in black and white. The first of the four he snarls at the camera, with greased hair and a pencil thin mustache clinging to his upper lip. The second picture is of his belly, with his cavernous belly button right in the center. The third is a profile shot of his belly, and the fourth a profile shot of his face. I took a picture of it with my phone but can't seem to figure out how to email it to myself so as to post it on the blog.

Very fun indeed.

It's been a packed week already, and it's only Tuesday! On Monday I attended a water aerobics class that was awesome. Yes, there were quite a few older gals. It was such a good, fun work out. My favorite part was kicking hard so as to splash the instructor. She encouraged us by saying we could get back at her for being so bossy. My wonderful friend Lauren took care of Tumpky and we think we may make it a regular gig. It sounded like they had a great time looking at books, going for walks and singing along to Stereolab. Getting good exercise feels great for me too.

After the class we were swooped up by Kate and Usiah to the Oregon State Fair. It is much smaller than the Minnesota Fair, but this also means it's less crowded and crazy. It was very low key and relaxing with a nice photography exhibit, pony shows, beautiful pheasants, Chinese acrobats and glass blowing demonstrations. Ezra really liked it and could hardly blink from all the blinking, twinkling rides. We played the flip the duck game and won a yellow crayon. We didn't eat too much, there weren't any cheese curds nor pronto pups. Elephant ears yes but at 6 bucks a pop I skipped it. Same with the funnel cakes. I had a twist cone from the dairy barn. We wanted to take the boys on the ferris wheel but the babes weren't allowed. We'll have to wait a few years for that one.

Today I finally got my birthday massage from my dear friend Lisa. She rubs so good. I was in heaven.

I am so thankful for my wonderful friends! They really take care of me.

No comments:

Friends