Thursday, September 25, 2008

Updatito


Here is a shot of Ezra with his honorary train Grandpa. This kindly gentleman sat behind us and held Ezra while I went to the bathroom and the like. I would just hold Ezra up to peer over the seat and he would lift him up and over. It was a nice little system. There was also a very sweet couple, Ezra's honorary train Aunt and Uncle, but unfortunately I didn't get a picture. We sure do come across some lovely folks.

Yes, we have made our way back to the West, I am happy to report. We had a very lovely, relaxing time in Minnesota. I for one feel quite rejuvenated. I read some good books, the first being What is the What, by Dave Eggers, which is an autobiography of a Sudanese Lost Boy. Touching, sad, and engaging I recommend it. The second was the classic by Pearl Buck, The Good Earth. I really enjoyed this book and read it in only a few sittings. It's a page turner about life in China in the early 1900's. On the train ride home I started reading Eat, Pray, Love, by an author who's name I can't remember and the book is in my bedroom next to the sleeping prince so I'm not going to check but I like it. You see it everywhere. It's a funny, quirky memoir in the vain of Anne Lamott. Desperately personal with a lively sense of humor. I'm not reading it quite as fast as the others, however.

That could have something to do with being back in the city where there's just too much to do. Today Bunsy and I were out and about nearly all day. Coffee with Kate and Usiah, picnic with Yola and Dovey, downtown with Jason (no baby), go go go. There was an Art Walk too that was on the list of things to do but Sweetums was losing his patience. Sure enough, we got home, into our pajamas and snuggled up in bed and he was happy as a clam and fell easily into a deep slumber. So precious, I can't say it enough.

I found a job! It's a job I have held before actually and they want me back. It's a toy store/children's boutique called Grasshopper that's about 12 blocks from my house. Super convenient. I am not 100% sure but I think I'll be working short shifts Monday and Wednesday. I haven't gotten the whole child care situation for sured, but I won't be starting until the first week in October so I've got a little time to figure it out. It pains me to think of being away from Ezra for any amount of time but it is quite minimal really and I've got to do what I've got to do. Unless any of you have come upon some money and don't know what to do with it...

I start taking online classes this coming week. I am looking forward to Oceanography and Fossil Record, the History of Life. They are both Geology classes. These will be my first in this area. I found the text books for super cheap too. With job and school I won't be able to do all this lolly gagging. Nor relax. I'm torn as to which to do.

I did relax some yesterday. We went over to the soaking pool at a local hotel/restaraunt/cinema. It's the size of half a tennis court and outdoors. It's so lovely. Ezra loved the bubbles. We soaked until we were thoroughly pruned.

Just a mini update, updatito you may say. I added some blogs to the top there, one is my clever brother in law Jeffrey, the next is my mom's best friend Beth's son Davin's who is currently living in Japan teaching English, and the third is the quick witted Molly who has all the latest politco mumbo expertly arranged. And other news of her Chicago life of course. So very worth checking out indeed.

Take care all. I go join the Tumpkins. I leave you with this shot of his chubbalicious legs and adorable shoes that now fit him. (Thanks Auntie Marla.)

No comments:

Friends