Friday, January 1, 2010

A Prosperous New Year, Please (and thank you)



Hello hello, and happy holidays to you. We have been busy being not busy, and have slacked out on blog land. It's so nice to not be sure of what day of the week it is... However, I do know what today is: Sunday. Yes, now you know too. Tomorrow is Monday, back to school day. I am both excited and not. I do enjoy spending the day strolling around with Ezra. The weather here has been very pleasant, in the 50's, and without rain for a day or two allows some much needed movement.

Ezra is doing well, sleeping soundly at the moment. He is such an angel when he sleeps. Quiet, free of demands, contained, cozy. I'm so thankful he sleeps. Kids I know are quitting naps these days, and it's a little scary to think about. They really are monsters without their naps. They really do need a rest. A friends 2 and a half year old explains to his parents, "I happy, no need nap." And they wonder. Listen to the kid or push the nap. I say push the nap, I don't think they necessarily know what's best quite yet. When does that happen anyways? Teenage years maybe.

We had a good holiday season, pretty mellow and calm. Those are good things. I only went out one night. Last night it occurred to me that it was my last night to go out before school starts, but that realization came around 7 pm and I was already sleepy. Of all the projects, books, and outings I had forecasted for this break, the only indulgence I craved was sleep. So I guess that's what I needed. And I got it. It's funny how this paragraph is echoing the above paragraph.

So instead of going out on the town, Ezra and I took all the pillows off the couches, made a huge snuggle heap and read books in front of the fire. It was delightful. It's hard to take pictures in the low light of the fire, so I apologize for the fuzziness of these, especially the fuzziness of the squirmy boy. But I think it gives an idea of Saturday night on Mallory Avenue.










No comments:

Friends