Friday, March 2, 2012

Sarasota (Too Much) Fun Day

We went to the Science Museum in Sarasota AGAIN today, because a new exhibit just opened! The exhibit is about the human body, the history of medicine, and the modern world of medicine. It was fairly interesting I must say. I liked this collection of artificial eyes, circa 1940's from Germany.


Ezra's favorite part was this activity in which he squirted a bit of orange substance on his hands, the "germs", and then held his hands under the black light to see them covering his hands. (I don't think they were real germs, I hope.)


Then he squirted some sanitizer on his hands and held them under a different black light, and behold! The germs are still on his hands. So, the lesson is that sanitizer does kill germs but does not remove them from your hands. So sanitized hands are covered with dead germs. Ezra did this roughly ten times.


We liked the skeleton x-ray scramble.


Voila!


Ezra always gets into the chalk.


Lil' David Bowie.


As we were walking from the Museum to Whole Foods a woman walking past us commented that Ezra looked mad. I said to her that he was probably just tired. "I'm not tired!" he snapped. In the grocery store some other people commented on how cranky he looked, and again I said that he was probably tired after our day at the museum. He snapped about it again, insisting he was not tired. In line for the check out his eyes drooped and just after he said, "Mom I wanna hold the pizza!" he conked.

No comments:

Friends