Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Home, New Dial Up Connection

The above picture was taken in our old house, where we lived with Kate and Usiah over on Mallory. Kate had removed her table and chairs (and couches) so we were have some fun with picnic settings for our meals. Ezra didn't seem too weirded out by the emptying of the house, and he does not seem weirded out by our new locale at all. In fact I'd go so far as to say he loves it. Our temporary home for the month of March is a little place not far from where we used to live. We live in Kristine's house, where we have lived before. When we first moved back to Portland we lived here, and I lived there for a stint pre-Ezra as well. It's a really great transitional place full of loving people who want to hang out with Ezra. Hooray!

Not only are there loving people (he gets 4 hugs good night every night), there's also a TV! We sometimes watched clips of things on the internet before, but the huge flat screen in the living room is pretty mesmerizing. He now watches Sesame Street in the morning which he loves, dancing, singing, laughing out loud, he's hooked. I can appreciate the extra time and attention to getting ready for the day. No the TV is not a babysitter, but Sesame Street is awesome!

He has also started to enjoy Wheel of Fortune. Kristine has him saying "Money money money!" which I don't agree with 100% but hey, it's temporary. And pretty cute.

Other news, Ezra's Second Birthday is this Sunday! We are going to the coast with friends, to sleep in a yurt and do some tide pooling. I promise to take many pictures and post them sooner than later.

Which brings me to the only bad news about our new/temporary house: there is no wireless! Indeed, there is only dial up. My computer is already slow, so with the added slowness of dial up I cannot tolerate using the internet at our house. So I'm posting this from the lightning fast computers at school, and I'm wondering why I didn't always do this? Waaaaaay faster. Usually the videos take a half house to load, on this sucker? 4 minutes! Yee haw.

Last night I gave Ezra his first birthday presents. His favorite is the hat shown in the next two pictures:



Sorry they're so dark, the flash on my camera went out. It's an orange cap with "All Sport 3" written on it. Yes, he is really into baseball caps. We were bopping around the mall a few weeks back and he picked out this hat and would not take it off. I had to slip it off his head and throw it into the store (sorry about that). I went back and got it for him and he still really likes it, thank the Lord. He put it on in front of the mirror, turned it backwards, and then turned it back forwards, deciding that forwards was the best. Another thank the Lord. I am unsure of the "sport-o" direction his fashion is taking, much less "thuggish sport-o" of backwards hats. Just as long as he never sags his pants. What will I do?

When we were all moved out of our house we had to do the major cleaning involved with vacating a property. However, it doesn't work to mop a floor with two little ones running around, so I got the job of hanging out with Ezra and Usiah while Kate did the dirty work (this was the preferred arrangement for all parties). So we had a lovely afternoon of walking around the neighborhood in the gorgeous sunshine. I took two videos, the first showing the boys hanging out on their favorite stoop, Ezra eating an apple and Usiah playing with a toy car.



The second one was cut off unfortunately because my camera battery died, but the boys had just been given a popsicle each and were enjoying them sitting on the bench in the bus stop. They had been telling me that they were going to get on the bus, although their destination was never specified. They did make it clear that I was NOT to get on the bus with them. Hmph. Fine. Did that ever come to fruition? No. Instead we headed to the park, where the fun continued... I do love watching these little guys. They're so fascinating!



News from the coast coming up next!

No comments:

Friends