Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, America

Ezra has turned into a zombie. This was taken shortly after he ate the neighbor's cat. No come on, he's eating a popsicle! It does look like a crime scene though, huh? We have been experiencing scorching 90 degree days as of late, so Ezra has developed a taste for frozen treats. He just doesn't eat them fast enough yet.


The above photos are Ezra showing off his hot pants at the softball game we attended on the Fourth of July. He was a darling ball boy, although he didn't like handing over the soft balls to the players. He loved watching the game, especially when someone hit the ball. He got very dirty, but had a lot of fun. He liked the fireworks too, although they made him jump when they popped. He would run over to me and grab my leg when this happened. So cute.


These photos I took about a week ago before we headed out on a bike ride. I can't remember where we went, probably the park. Oh wait! I remember. We went across town to the duck pond, a dirty mucky pool where ducks hang out. We brought some rice cakes to feed the ducks, but then when we got there a fence had been erected between us and the ducks and there were signs everywhere that said "Don't feed the ducks!" and "People food is bad for the ducks!" and the most grusome "If you feed the ducks they will die!" It was a little disappointing. But Ezra liked to just watch them swim around and squabble, and a blue heron swooped out and he REALLY liked that. He kept signing to me more, and I wish I could make things happen magically for his enjoyment, but it didn't work that day. So this picture also demonstrates how very safe we are these days, both wearing helmets! Ezra loves his, finally. At first he took it off every few blocks, and we would have to stop, fetch it from the middle of the road, and strap it back on his head. Now wants to put it on! It's amazing when these little changes happen. He also now likes riding in the car. Glory glory.

Hope y'all had a great weekend! I have a midterm tomorrow so now I must study with my green tea.

No comments:

Friends