Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ezra, just one of the dudes at my Birthday Party



It's getting on old news, but it was my 27th birthday last Friday! Woop woop. I have more shots of the occasion, but I am not at all in the mood to upload, post, arrange, title, etc. If you haven't heard, it's been a hot week in Portland. Above 100 every day! Luckily, I am taking summer classes and therefor am inside air conditioned buildings (basements more specifically) all day. Ezra has been touring cool spots with his day care chums. Today they went to some crazy jungle gym land that was indoors and air conditioned. I guess it cost ten bucks to get in, but whatever. This heat is impossible. When we get home in the evenings we don't even stop at the house, we keep right on going to the park. There's a water fountain jobby there that you can play in, and it's the only way tolerable to pass the hours from 5 til 8. Yesterday we went to the mall and had Taco Time and watched the ice skaters. Today we went over to Cayce and Maya's house (they have the much coveted A/C). The biggest problem I face is cooking/eating. The kitchen is the hottest place in our house, so not that I want to be going out to eat all the time, but it is just not an option to turn on a stove in that hot box and you can only eat so many tuna fish sandwiches.

Right now it's almost midnight here and it's about 85 in the house still. Criminy. Take me to the beach!

No, no, there's no time for that. I am absolutely swamped with school work: a 10 page paper, a four page paper, a book to read, other readings to read, working, baby, oh my gosh what have I gotten myself into. I am really looking forward to mid-August.

Ok, time to crawl to bed and not get under the blankets. Hope you're staying cool, daddy-o.

No comments:

Friends