Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful

I'm running a little late for Thanksgiving, but I am certainly thankful for these two little guys. They LOVE to play "night night", where they retrieve blankets and pillows and lay on the floor and say "nigh nigh" over and over again. Ezra's becoming quite the bookworm! He wears me out before bed sometimes with 9-10 books he gets lined up. Luckily we're going to the homeland for Christmas and the relatives can take some turns reading about Spot the dog and Maisy the mouse.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving, and I regret taking absolutely no photos! Some other people did and they said that they would email me them, so the Thanksgiving post will have to trickle in over the next few weeks. We went over to Jason's house, the same place we celebrated Thanksgiving last year. It was a potluck and we brought oyster stuffing and corn bread stuffing, which were both delicious. Other food highlights included: a smoke house turkey, mushroom gravy, fresh baked bread, brussel sprouts, and my personal favorite sake coconuts to drink. They didn't tell us there was sake in the coconuts at first and we were all just amazed at how delicious the coconut milk was. Then it came out, and we all were getting a little buzzy.

Our good friends Molly and Joe flew in from Chicago that night and stopped by Jason's for desert. The next day I had to work (a good thing!) so they hung out with Kate during the day and then when I got off from work we took the train downtown. We checked out Jason's super futuristic architecture school and then went out to eat at the Thai Peacock. I was tired at the end of this day, but it's always fun to show people around Portland.

The next day, Saturday, we took off to Champoeg (that's pronounced Sham-poo-ey, yes there are some REALLY strange pronunciations around here) State Park where I had reserved a cabin for the night. They bought tons of groceries and we cooked pasta dinner on the cook stove under the light of the moon. Ezra found the cabin to be very fun, and loves anytime that he can hang out with Jason. He was really liking to play with Molly too! We saw some sheep and he still talks about the baa baas. Everything is the sound it makes right now. There are buck bucks (chickens), baa baas (sheep), sssshweeem (airplanes), and bum bums (church bells).

He's so cute, and he's really coming along with the potty training. He went like 6 times today! Dang. I thought I had done something stupid by offering him a cookie everytime he went, but at this point it seems as though the satisfaction of the deed is fulfilling enough and he doesn't even want a cookie! More for Mama, great.

We came back on Sunday and had a relaxing day at home. It's the week before finals week so this week will not be relaxing, but the end is in sight! Winter break here I come.

The following videos are for the devoted Ezra fans only. There's not too much "action", but he's really into this little green haired doll that came with a defective school bus toy I procured from my work. Both videos show him putting the little green haired man "nigh nigh", using gold beads as a blanket. Both Ezra and Usiah love putting the little green haired man to bed. It's pretty freaking adorable.



Ok I guess the second video is too long for the Blogger. Boo hoo. For those that are willing to travel to another website, find it over here. You may need more! I understand. I always do.

More photos coming soon!

No comments:

Friends