Friday, March 13, 2009

Five Senses Friday!


My friend and co worker Abby has rekindled this idea to post every Friday about what has been dazzling your senses. I thought I would play along, something different than just pictures of Bunsy Bunsy Bunsy.

See

The picture above shows all of my favorite things to see in our kitchen. The flowers Grandma bought for Ezra's birthday party, the naked lady vase Lucy made, the cutest pin cushion ever, the little mittens Aunt Peggy sent from Vermont that are so darling, and the little gold owl who sees more than I know. In the reflection you can see the pile of dishes I just washed, ahhh so nice.

Hear

I am listening to Bonnie Prince Billy, he is wonderful. I hear myself singing along. I hear the dryer. It is old and sounds like there is a log (or two) inside.

Touch

As I touch the keys my left ring finger hurts. I was dicing carrots for lunch today and got a little wild, accidentally cutting my finger. When I decided to add lemon to my glass of water is when this touch was really all too intense.

Taste

Ahhh the tastes of living with Kate. I had planned to go out this evening, I had band practice, but never made it, and it's all Kate's fault! She cooked up some amazing spaghetti sauce with meatballs and dripping garlic bread. I couldn't not eat it. It was delicious. Another decadant taste of today was an ice cream bar to celebrate the sunshine. Just a little something for my stroll home from the park.

Smell

Flowers blooming everywhere you look! I stoop down to capture their newest scents. I think Ezra understands smelling. I show him how to keep his mouth closed, get close to the bud and breathe through the nose. He's been a little plugged up today. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be smelling more.


I posted more photos here of Ezra's Birthday party, and a few more of our trip to the coast. I forgot that I didn't have to be as choosy when posting photos there as I do on the blog.

I don't think I've mentioned this lately, but we are embarking on an adventure to Guatemala this coming Wednesday, the 18th. We will be there for 8 days. I am excited and nervous. I look forward to sharing with you the details of our trip. It will be nice to be warm for a change, being cold is getting old. Although it will most likely be in the upper 90's there... One extreem to the next.

I'll try to post one more time before we head down south.

No comments:

Friends