Monday, September 20, 2010

Still no photos...

Argh! We are having endless computer problems resulting in limited photographic evidence of our activities here. We are still bumbling right along here, getting pretty sick of beans and overly salty meat but trying to find alternatives that we can all live with. Seriously the food is the biggest problem right now for me! I remember the last time I lived down here that I got bored with the same old same old, but at this point my body is down right rejecting the typical food! I seem to only be able to stomach pizza, calzones, and popcorn. Oh and smoothies of course. I have always liked beans but at this time I just about wretch looking at them.

Pobres frijoles.

Ezra doesnt seem to be tired of the food, and has even taken a liking to corn tortillas much to his fathers delight. I couldnt care less about them, even though I have to buy 15 of them every day. Cristian cant eat without tortillas. The hand where the tortilla is supposed to be just hangs there limply. Poor Guatemalteco. We like some of the same things, like eggplant and chicken, but he likes everything dripping in grease, namely margarine grease. My poor grandmother, watching me cook with the palm oil horror day in and day out. Food is basic and necessary, and while I was worried about a lot of different things, I wasnt prepared for the confrontations of combating cuisines. Oh and he also likes MSG, as everyone does here. I shudder.

But he and Ezra are getting to be pretty good friends and its adorable. Ezra understands more and more and Cristian understands more and more too. Ezra says "Im hungry" and Cristian says "Tienes hambre?" Hes always been good at detecting what someone is saying.

We have more gall darned pets. Two more birds and one dog. The dog was fogotten at our house by a friend of Cristians who came over to help do some landscaping and proceeded to get wasted. So drunk you forget your dog, for two weeks. We assume the dog will stay. Hes ok, nice enough, when he isnt eating the toilet paper or burrowing Ezras shoes deep in the dirt!!! Just what I need. No more pets! I mean it!

Ok, well, I wish I could just sit and ramble but Im at the internet place by my house and theres no apostrophe button and its irritating. And I still have to make flyers for my English lessons.

Savor your favorite foods! Especially if those near and dear agree with your palet.

No comments:

Friends