Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snowy, snowy day





Ezra is the master of shoveling! He is a machine. We watched a movie about John Henry (the guy who beat the machine making railroad lines) and he has really channeled that sort of energy to his snow removal. We got DUMPED on in Bemidji yesterday- 10 inches!!! I was sent home from work early and barely made it home (we're driving a teensy weensy Mazda Miata that does not do well in blizzard conditions). Ezra can shovel like a champ, and now insists upon bringing his shovel where ever he goes. He calls it his "timber" and channels both John Henry and Paul Bunyan. It was a gift from Grandpa who also bought him some snow boots. For the first 48 hours he wouldn't remove the boots and clomped around, shovel or "timber" slung over his shoulder. His first memorable winter is a hit so far!




I can't even believe that the trees are able to support all the extra weight of the snow. It is quite lovely though to me, I think because this is my first MN winter in, something like 10 years! It's all so beautiful... so far.





Grandma bought Ezra this advent tree after him talking about it non stop for a month. He saw it at Joann Fabrics (my present employer, btw) and played with it for an hour and I had to tear him away. Whenever I asked him what he wanted for Christmas he would only mention this tree of little doors. I couldn't get it for him though because it was $60. This past week however Grams and Ez came by while I was working and found out that it was on sale for $8! One little door had fallen off but we fixed it right up and now Ezra spends much time opening & closing the little doors, and laying beneath it like a precious little present.

Here's some detail shots of our casa, I've been busy making new curtains and we've received some lovely house warming gifts as well.



This lamp belonged to Great Grandma Thibodo and now lightens up our living room.



The new bathroom curtains, some flowers in the midst of white.



Dad crafted these awesome pegs so that we don't have to hang all of our gear on the back of chairs! New shear, plaid curtain on the kitchen door too!



This lovely lady came to us at our house warming potluck. Her name is Sister Sunshine.



These birds came with Sister Sunshine. New bark pattern curtain in the kitchen!



What does this mean about Ezra? Is he Type A? He meticulously arranged all of his Halloween candy, classified by type, size, and color. Adorable. I think he gets this from his father.




I have been having some fun on my own out and about. There's a place called the Blue Ox in town that has good live music on the weekends. I went out with Tracy, Holly and Corina last weekend and Tracy & I had shots of Patron! There's another show this Friday night, more fun! Thanks to the grandparents for enabling long over due nights on the town.

No comments:

Friends